Deferred Action for Parents of U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents

Undocumented residents living in the United States as of January 1, 2010, and who are the parents of a child who became a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident on or before November 20, 2014 may request a deferred action and authorization for employment, if they can demonstrate they meet the following conditions:

  • You must prove that you have lived in the U.S. continuously since January 1, 2010.
  • Must demonstrate that they are not a priority for enforcement of removal
  • The priority for enforcement of removal are generally as follows:
    • First Priority: Aliens who pose a threat to national security, border security or public safety
    • Second Priority:
      • Aliens who have been convicted of 3 or more misdemeanors, not arising out of the same incident, other than minor traffic offenses
      • Aliens convicted of a "significant misdemeanor" such as offenses of Domestic Violence, sexual abuse or exploitation, burglary, unlawful possession or use of a firearm, drug distribution or trafficking, DUI, or have been sentenced to time in custody of 90 days or more (not including a suspended sentence)
      • Aliens entering the U.S. or being present in the U.S. who cannot prove continued residence in the U.S. since January 1, 2014
      • Aliens who have significantly abused a visa or the visa waiver program
    • Third Priority: Aliens who have been issued a final order of removal on or after January 1, 2014 and who have not left the United States.

Immigration Lawyer Serving Harrisburg And Surrounding Communities

If you are an undocumented resident of Cumberland County, Dauphin County or York County, Pennsylvania and feel you qualify for deferred action based on USCIS criteria, call attorney Tabetha Tanner at Tanner Law Offices, LLC, in Camp Hill. We offer a consultation to review your case and explain how we can help you through the documentation process.

Call us at 717-836-0471 or use our convenient email contact form to request a return call.