- Managing Attorney
- Founder, 2005
Attorney Tanner has been practicing in Pennsylvania for more than a decade. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from Quinnipiac University in Connecticut. She obtained her J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law where she was a member of the Student Trial Lawyers Association and a ranked National Mock Trial competitor. She worked at the Poverty Law Clinic to assist clients with very limited means to file for and defend divorce and custody matters.
Her legal career began with the Special Litigation department with the Connecticut Office of the Attorney General where she worked to protect the rights of individuals who were being unfairly discriminated against; and represented clients before the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities.
When Attorney Tanner relocated to Pennsylvania in 2003, she worked for a large corporation where she prepared H-1B visa applications to bring employees from many foreign countries to work in the United States for the corporation.
She then went into private practice with a general practice firm where she handled family based immigration cases, divorce, custody, and support cases as well as litigating Protection From Abuse defenses and other civil matters.
In 2005 Attorney Tanner began Tanner Law Offices. Her practice has been dedicated to serving the specific needs of a variety of clientele. Her practice is dedicated to serving the needs of immigrants and family law clients. Her practice of returning telephone calls and emails within twenty-four hours and commencing work on a case as soon as possible has resulted in an expanded client base and an increase in client satisfaction.
Attorney Tanner is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association; Dauphin County Bar Association; Cumberland County Bar Association; and American Immigration Lawyers Association. She is admitted to practice before the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas as well as the District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania and the 3rd Circuit Court.
Areas of Practice
- Child Support
- Pennsylvania, 2003
- Connecticut, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2006
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2003
- Honors: Member, Student Trial Lawyers Association
- Honors: Ranked National Mock Trial competitor
- Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Connecticut
- B.A. - 2000
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Legal Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 2004 to Present
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member, 2005 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Office of Lt. Governor Jodi M. Rell, Executive Aide, 2000 to 2003
- Rite Aid Corporation, Assoc. Imm. Attorney, 2003 to 2004
- Poverty Law Clinic
- Lambda Epsilon Chi